Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday went by without anything special happening. Just the normal days of work, telly and online time.

Thursday December 13:
This was J’s last day at work. Felt awful the whole day, hated the fact that one more great colleague was leaving us, but at the same time I felt happy on his behalf since he’s gotten a new job.
Work has a tradition of celebrating Saint Lucy’s Day, where the teamleaders walk through the call centre with lights, singing Santa Lucia. Afterwords they hand out a pastry called Lussekatt to each of us together with gløgg.
Just after lunch, the team had a gathering at a meeting room to say goodbye to J. I said a few words and handed over gifts from us. We had made a photo album with pictures from previous parties, and he got a bottle of cognac and a cognac glass. Said the final goodbye to him just before I left work, and at that time I couldn’t hold back the tears. If you’re reading this J: I’ll keep in touch with you, wether you like it or not 😉
Went to the dentist, and then to H for E’s 1st birthday. I just can’t believe that a year has gone by since E was born and H had her stroke! Sat there for a couple of hours, took a few pictures of E and went when the guests arrived.

Friday December 14:
Left work after just 3 1/2 hours for my half yearly check up at the hospital. She couldn’t find anything, but she took some tests and will call me if there’s something wrong. But she said than since nothing has happened by now, it’s most likely that nothing will happen at all. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that she’s right about that!

Saturday December 15:
Woke up at 6 am, can’t for the life of me figure out why! But I got to do a few things around the house and chatted with J a bit on msn, I don’t talk to her as much as I’d like to, but that’s because of the major time difference.
Picked up C at noon, and drove to S before heading to Oslo. Did some Christmas shopping, so now I don’t have anymore presents to buy! Also bought these boots, just couldn’t help myself… 😉 We walked to Big Horn and had scampi for appetizers. I had surf and turf as a main course, meat and scampi. The steak was one of the best I’ve ever had! Then we went to see Ingrid Bjørnov‘s show “Til Elise?”, which was great. I’m too young to remember many of the things she talked about, but she has so many good points that you laugh anyway. And the way she plays the piano…well, I wish I hadn’t stopped learning the piano 20 years ago.
Was home about midnight and went straight to bed.

Between being online and watching the final in the 2007 Women’s Handball World Championships (which Norway lost to Russia), I’ve gotten more Christmas ornaments out on shelves and tables and wrapped more presents. Still doesn’t feel like Christmas though.

I get a smile on my face everytime I see someone has commented, so thank you and keep up the good work!